Black and Latino Read Essay Contests 2018
Tate's Consultant Services, LCC and Tía Chucha's Centro Cultural and Bookstore have joined together to award Black and Latino men who are attending college and high school.
The deadline to participate for an award is February 28th. Please check back at the end of the February 28th to see the winners of the contest at mytcs.com/previouswinners.
Entrants are asked to write an essay about a book that impacted them in any way. Their essay should include: book’s title, author’s name, brief summary of the plot, one or two paragraphs explaining how the book impacted them-self, and an attached photo of the entrant reading a book. The submission deadline is February 28th, 2018.
To be eligible for a prize, a student must be:
- Must be 14 years of age or older to participate.
- Attending high school or college/university in the United States.
- Sign and submit a Black and Latino Men Read Consent Form
Entrants essays should include the following:• Book’s Title.
• Author’s Name.
• One or two paragraphs explaining how the book impacted them.
• An attached photo of the entrant reading a book.
• Signed Consent Form.
Prizes:1st place award $500 USD,
2nd place award $300 USD,
3rd place award $175 USD,
and honorable mention prizes.
Submit your typed essay & forms to email@example.com or through website submission by February 28th, 2017. No late entries will be accepted.